I’ve said it before and I will say it again…I love the Fourth of July! Every year I buy my family festive outfits to wear. We head down to the beach to watch the fireworks on the lake. It’s pretty amazing! There’s nothing better than watching fireworks on the beach. When I was a kid my family owned boats so we were always at the lakes celebrating the holidays. So, I consider myself pretty lucky to be living in a beach town sitting on beautiful Lake Michigan. My kids have no idea how lucky they really are! I see a boat in our near future-my husband and I just can’t agree on what kind! I’m getting off the subject (as usual).
So, to get into the spirit of things I made these incredibly cute Fourth of July jeans! You can do it with shorts, skirt, a shirt, a purse…whatever! Just be creative!
You will need:
• Jeans or shorts (whatever you decided)
• Red & White Fabric markers (you can pick them up at any craft store)
• A star stencil or a star shape of some sort that you can trace onto the material (I actually used one of those glow-in-the-dark stars you stick on the ceiling)
• Rhinestones if you’re feeling blingy
What to do:
• It’s pretty easy, folks!
• Trace your stars using a pencil onto the left pocket of your jeans and go over the pencil with your white fabric marker and color in.
• Go ahead and use your pencil to make your stripes for the right pocket. Use a straight edge to make your lines straight, if needed.
• Color in your stripes red & white!
• Use rhinestones to spell out USA