I love the 4th of July! Actually, I like any holiday where I don’t have to buy gifts, there’s lots of food and I get to spend time with my family. Thanksgiving is my favorite, The 4th of July is a close second, and I REALLY love Halloween.
I have decorations for all the holidays but I don’t have much for Independence Day, so I skimmed Pinterest for some DIY July 4th projects and I came across a wreath that I adored. It has that shabby chic feel that’s evidently my style, and not only that, but I had all the materials readily available! Although, I must admit, I panicked when I realized I needed a wire hanger. I destest wire hangers! Yes, I love the movie Mommy Dearest (it’s one of my favorites) lol!!
“No…Wire…Hangers! What’s wire hangers doing in this closet when I told you: NO wire hangers EVER?” 😉
Anyways, this project was so easy and I adore how it turned out!
• Three fabrics of your choice (I used an old pair of jeans, an old dress of my daughter’s and a scarf that I assumed I’d probably never wear again)
• One wire hanger
• Hot glue gun
How I did it:
• Bent my hanger to make it round
• I cut my fabric into strips (about 8″ long and 1″ wide)
• Took my 1st strip of fabric and simply tied it around the hanger (rotated between the three fabrics)
• I wrapped the straps from my daughter’s dress around the top of the hanger and used the hot glue to secure it!
* It really is THAT simple
And now I have a beautiful Shabby Chic 4th of July Wreath! I’m sure I’ll be making one for Christmas and Halloween and Valentine’s Day when the time arrives-it’s just too cute and easy not to! 🙂
Happy Friday, friends! Have a great weekend!