This is one great way to prepare salmon. It’s delicious!
• 4 scallions minced
• 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
• 2 tablespoon honey
• 2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (It’s ok to use the ginger from your spice rack-throw in a pinch)-I VERY seldom buy fresh ginger!
• 2 lbs. center-cut salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 6-8 portions
• 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
• Whisk scallion, soy sauce, vinegar, honey and ginger in a medium bowl until the honey is dissolved.
• Place salmon in a sealable plastic bag, add 3 tablespoons of the sauce and refrigerate-allow to marinate for about 15 minutes
• Reserve the remaining sauce
• Preheat your broiler
• Line a small baking pan with foil and spray generously with cooking spray.
• Place the salmon on the pan, skinned-side down (Throw away the leftover marinade.)
• Broil the salmon very close to your heat source (about six inches) until cooked through, Give it about 6 to 10 minutes
• Drizzle with the reserved sauce and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and a slice of lemon
* To toast sesame seeds:
• heat a small pan over low heat
• Add seeds and stir constantly for about 2 minutes
• Transfer to a small bowl and let cool
~Excellent Salmon! The kids even loved