I made crepes for the first time today. They didn’t turn out too shabby for my first time.
I stuffed them with vanilla Greek yogurt and fresh raspberries, topped them off with whipped cream, homemade raspberry sauce, and additional fresh raspberries.
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 2-3 tablespoons of sugar
• Dash of cinnamon
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup milk (I actually added a bit more)
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
• In a small mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt
• In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, water, vanilla, and butter
• Gradually add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients
• Mix until smooth
• Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
• Using 1/4 cup for each crepe, scoop the batter onto your pan
• Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
• Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup water
• 12 ounces raspberries
• Place sugar and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan over high heat; stir, and bring to a boil.
• Reduce heat, and simmer until sugar is dissolved.
• Remove from heat, and allow syrup to cool completely.
• Place raspberries and syrup in blender; puree until smooth.