Here’s a great recipe to try before many of you put your grills away for the colder months approaching (BOO!)
HONEY CHICKEN KABOBS
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut like you’re going to butterfly but cut all the way through, making 8 chicken breasts)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup honey
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
5 garlic cloves-chopped
5 small onions-cut into 2″ pieces
2 green peppers-cut into 2″ pieces
* Use any other veggies you love (tomatoes, zucchini, squash)
• Whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce & pepper in a large bowl.
• Reserve a small amount of marinade (about 1/4 of it) to brush onto kabobs while cooking.
• Place the chicken, garlic, onions and peppers (or whatever veggies you decide to use) in the bowl-marinate in the refrigerator over night (at least 8 hours. I marinated for over 12 hours & they were full of flavor!)
• Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables & discard marinade.
• Run a little vegetable oil along your skewers (this makes the food slide off much easier after cooking).
• Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers.
• Preheat your grill. In order to cook your chicken & veggies together on the same skewers-Place your hand about 2 inches over the heated grill surface. If you can hold your hand there for three seconds, then you’ve got the right grill temperature. If you have to take your hand away sooner, it’s too hot. (If you follow this tip your skewers will turn out perfect).
• Lightly oil the grill grate.
• Place the chicken skewers on the grill. (Turn skewers twice, then baste, turn, baste again, turn again-turning a total of four times).
• Cook for 15-20 minutes, until chicken juices run clear.
• Baste kabobs with reserved marinade in the last minutes of grilling