My Mouth Watering Veggie Lasagna
Looking for a healthy, no meat lasagna? Here’s a great, SIMPLE, no pressure recipe.
• Use whatever veggies you like!
• Chop and roast your veggies first
• Make your homemade sauce using your favorite spices! I used my Healthy Solutions Italian Meatball Spice Blend! (A gift from my cousin. Their spices are clean! No sugar or salt added & delicious!) Check them out @ Spice Blends!
• Use a container of cottage cheese mixed with one large organic egg (in place of ricotta to cut down on fat).
• Layer as you would any lasagna
• I used:
zucchini, squash, red, yellow, and orange peppers, white & red onions, corn, spinach, garlic, shredded carrots (roasted veggies in oven 1st-on baking sheet @ 350° until veggies became tender)
• Low-fat cottage cheese mixed with one large organic egg
• Marinara sauce (homemade):
– I used two large cans diced tomatoes, drained (no salt), small can tomato paste, water (about 1/2 cup), fresh garlic (chopped) and sautéed , then I seasoned it with two tablespoons of my Healthy Solutions Italian Meatball Spice Blend. I Let it simmer all day to soak in those spices. (About six hours)
• Cooked the whole wheat noodles according to box directions
• Layered a 9 x 13 pan and prepared it the way you prepare any lasagna. (Layer with noodles, veggies, cottage cheese/egg mixture, sauce, shredded cheese)-repeat this for each layer
• Topped with more of my flavorful marinara and shredded mozzarella/provolone mix.
• Baked for 20 minutes in 350° oven (covered with tin foil), then removed tin foil and baked for an additional 10-15 minutes.
• Let cool for about 10 minutes and serve!
** Isn’t that a beautiful looking piece of lasagna?! Enjoy!