CHICKEN ENCHILADA PASTA
• 3-4 chicken breasts-cooked & shredded
• Throw chicken breasts in crockpot and pour a jar of salsa over it, along with some homemade taco seasoning! Let it cook on high about 3-4hrs
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves-minced
• 1 medium onion-diced
• 1 red pepper, diced
• 2 (4 oz.) cans diced green chilies
• 1 (10 oz.) can green chili enchilada sauce
• About 2/3 cups red enchilada sauce
• 2 cups shredded cheese (I use colby & monterrey jack)
• 1/2-1 cup sour cream
• Penne pasta
• Take your cooked, shredded chicken from your crockpot & set aside
• Heat olive oil in a pan and cook onions for a few minutes.
• Add garlic & red pepper and cook for another few minutes (3-5)
• Add cooked, shredded chicken, green chilies, & enchilada sauces.
• Let sauce simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
• Add cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and heated through.
• Put in the sour cream-DO NOT bring to a boil! (Cook on low heat or the sour cream will curdle). Stir until sour cream is well mixed and heated through.
• Pour sauce over your cooked noodles
• Garnish with tomato, green onion, and a dollop of sour cream (you could also add avocado and/or black olives.
* We always have plenty of sauce left over and used it the next day for dipping our tortilla chips in!