In honor of ‘Taco Tuesday’ I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes. It’s quick, easy, and delicious!
Ingredients & Directions Rolled into One:
* 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breast
* A trick I do-I butterfly my chicken breasts (though I actually cut all the way through, making the breasts thinner & ultimately giving you more chicken cubes. In other words-I turn three breasts into six)
* Cut the fat off the chicken and then cut into small cubes
* Put your cut chicken cubes into a large bowl
* Add two tablespoons of olive oil
* Throw in your homemade taco seasoning
* To make homemade taco seasoning:
(mix these ingredients together in a small bowl)
* 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
* 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
* 1/2 tsp. paprika
* 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
* 1/2 tsp. onion powder
* 1/4 tsp. chili powder
* 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
* 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
* 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
* Stir until chicken is nicely coated with your seasoning-preparing it this way really helps the seasoning stick well to the chicken & really gives it great flavor!
* Cook seasoned chix in pan on stovetop on medium heat until done.
* Add a little water during the cooking process-about a 1/3 cup
* In meantime-take ur pizza crust, flatbread (whatever you want to use for your crust), brush lightly with some olive oil).
* Start layering ur pizza:
salsa, chicken, cheese, tomatoes, black olives, green onions (use whatever toppings you prefer!)
* Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for about 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
* Serve with plain Greek yogurt or sour cream!
DELICIOUS meal! Quick & easy!