I’m a complete book nerd-I always have been! Some days I just love escaping reality, diving into a world that is not my own. There’s nothing like a book that you just can’t put down-one you can read in two days because you stay up until 3AM reading it! I’ve compiled a list of ten of my favorite books that I have read in the past two years. I’ve included a very short summary (not all words are my own). I do give all these books five stars (no questions asked). I will admit that these are all “chick” books that any woman would enjoy!
1. Always Something There to Remind Me-Beth Harbison
* “A woman finds herself coming unraveled over the past, and the love she has never forgotten. Full of love, action, comedy, and drama.”
“Everyone has a first love, one person they never completely got over, right? Picture yours…”
2. Big Little Lies-Liane Moriarty
* “A brilliant take on ex-husbands and second wives, mothers and daughters, schoolyard scandal, and the dangerous little lies we tell ourselves just to survive.”
-This book perfectly depicts life in suburbia.
3. FireFly Lane-Kristin Hannah
* They were known as the Firefly Lane girls–a single, inseparable unit. The best friends promise to be there for each other forever–and for 30 years, that promise holds strong. Then events and choices make that promise impossible.
4. The Husband’s Secret-Beth Harbison
* “This book reminds us that we don’t always make the the right choices in life. And sometimes not making a choice is a choice in itself. This book is thought-provoking, emotional, and masterfully crafted. It focuses on the complexities of relationships, secrets, forgiveness, trust and love.”
5. Gone Girl-Gillian Flynn
* Amy goes missing on the day of her fifth wedding anniversary. Nick (her husband) becomes a prime suspect in her disappearance.
-Ok, I’m not huge on mysteries but this book was SOO good! You may go into the closet and hide just to get it all read in a couple days!
6. She’s Come Undone-Wally Lamb
* The reader is introduced to Dolores Price at a very young age, and you slowly watch her life begin to unravel. She goes through many trials and tribulations, taking the reader on a powerful emotional journey. This is a book you think about years after you’ve finished reading it.
7. The Heart of the Matter-Emily Giffin
* “This is the moving, luminous story of good people caught in untenable circumstances. Each being tested in ways they never thought possible. Each questioning everything they once believed. And each ultimately discovering what truly matters most.”
8. Not Without My Daughter-Betty Mahmoody
* “The true story of Betty Mahmoody’s escape from Iran with her daughter after her Iranian husband attempted to turn a two-week vacation into a permanent relocation.” This book gives a true understanding of what a mother would risk for the love of her child!
9. Love The One You’re With-Emily Giffin
* “An emotionally charged work about a chance encounter that forces one woman to question her decisions, her marriage, and herself.”
10. The One and Only-Emily Giffin
* “A novel about finding your passion, following your heart, and, most of all, believing in something bigger than yourself. A story of love and loyalty–and an unconventional heroine struggling to reconcile both.”
~ Currently reading: Fly Away by Kristin Hannah
** I will write down my thoughts immediately upon finishing a book so that it’s fresh in my mind-making it easier to write a thorough review for my audience.
I wanted to include book & product reviews in my blog because I’m an avid review junkie! I will read a crazy amount of reviews before deciding on a book to read OR making a purchase (big or small). It is my hope that these reviews are helpful to my followers.